At DakotaPro, we are experts in managing authoritative DNS records on our servers. We’re often asked how hard it is to manage DNS. It is easy to do poorly. It takes a little more effort to do it well:
- Maintain redundant servers so if one fails, the other is ready to take the full load
- Make sure all records are duplicated across all servers on a regular basis
- DNS servers are “hardened”, which means that all ports that do not need to be open are closed.
- Regularly maintain the servers so they are running the latest security patches.
- Place DNS servers behind a commercial-grade firewall to ensure there is plenty of horsepower availabe in the advent of a DNS Denial of Service attack.
All of the above is why most Customers let DakotaPro manage their DNS so they have the utmost in reliability for their web services!