There are generally two broad reasons businesses consider outsourcing:
- Email is mission critical. Everyone understands the power, reach and value of email today. Yet, today, most businesses find themselves with email services that are inherently inefficient and increasingly unproductive. The reasons are ones that you may be familiar with, perhaps some of the very ones that have brought you here today.
- E-mail has changed. In the recent past, it was considered to be a trivial exercise for most businesses to operate their own E-mail server. However, it is no longer trivial. Managing an in-house E-mail server consumes considerable amounts of Network Administrator time and precious bandwidth. Even more critical, when a business’ E-mail service is interrupted, the costs of losing access to this mission-critical business resource are enormous.
In fact, many administrators are struggling to keep up with the ever-escalating E-mail war of technology being waged to fend off the spammers. They often don’t have the proper tools to fully deal with the day-to-day management of their in-house server. Then, when a major problem does occur, tempers flare between users unable to do their jobs and the administrators struggling to deal with the problems.
If E-mail is not your core business, perhaps outsourcing to a company who does specialize in E-mail solutions is the smart play. Consider the following:
- Over 5 billion e-mail messages will be sent today by over 165 million workers in the U. S. alone
- Globally, the number is closer to 40 billion and rising at an annual rate of about 16% a year.
- It is estimated that over 95% of E-mail today is unwelcome (Spam, Viruses, attacks, etc.)
- 80% of people surveyed* said they believe use of email is more valuable than the phone for business communication
- 74% of people surveyed* regarded being without email as more of a hardship than being without phone service
- On average, businesses are dedicating 20% of their IT budgets each year to fight spam, viruses, security breaches and phishing attacks, not to mention increasing regulatory requirements
* based on a a META Group survey of senior IT executives and business managers from over 400 companies
Some common symptoms of an overworked E-mail infrastructure
- Delays in delivering Email… or they end up missing altogether
- You find your company’s E-mail server has been blacklisted by other servers and your users can’t send E-mail to certain locations until the administrators “fix” it.
- Hardware failures cause your company’s E-mail service to be off-line
- Your users are frustrated their existing E-mail tools are progressive
- There are consistent delays in on-boarding and off-boarding employees
- Security policy on our E-mail server has not changed in years
So, if your business is like most who keep their email service in-house, you may have your email, but not always and not the way you want it.
You can’t be very efficient if you can’t produce your product, and reliability goes to the heart of the matter. An Osterman Research study found that system uptime was rated the top priority by system respondents; yet, the same survey reported that the average and median downtimes of 229 and 45 minutes, respectively, were deemed “unacceptable”. The reasons? Probably ones you know: server crashes, loss of connectivity, denial of service attacks were among those most mentioned.
Outsourcing your corporate email services to a premium service provider can afford you substantial improvements in these critical categories for many reasons, not the least of which is that one person will only have to wear one hat, liaison to the email service provider, freeing up other people and resources in the enterprise, which could start contributing immediately to greater efficiency, productivity and cost-effectiveness.
The ability to meet ever-increasing and shifting security needs in your control with DakotaPro.biz. Your choice of options and depth of coverage throughout your business ensures that you can be ahead of the curve.
DakotaPro.biz’s solutions are some of the best in the business and they can be deployed int he way that’s best for you. This is just one example of how the right E-mail provider can meet all the criteria that will keep your company firmly and comfortably on the right side of the cost/benefit threshold.
And, when you outsource your E-mail needs to DakotaPro.biz, your users will turn into your biggest fans. How’s that for a win-win solution?